Canon EOS-5D Mark III Digital SLR Camera Body, 22.3 Megapixel – USA Warranty – Special Promotional Bundle –
Canon 5D Mark III Bundle Includes:
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III Body
- Eyecup Eb
- Wide Neck Strap
- Camera Cover R-F-3
- Stereo Video Cable
- USB Interface Cable IFC-200U
- Battery Charger LC-E6
- Battery Pack LP-E6
- EOS Digital Solution Disk
- Software Instruction Manual
- Canon 1 Year Warranty
- Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo Printer
- SanDisk 64GB SDXC Memory Card
- Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss
Regular Price $4,040.21 | Now: 2,849.00 (after mail-in rebate)
About the Canon 5D Mark III
• Full frame 36x24mm, 22 megapixel CMOS sensor ISO range 100-25600, expandable to 104,200.
• 14-bit A/D conversion
• Shutter speeds 1/8000-30 seconds
• 63-zone dual layer iFCL Metering
• Exposure compensation in +/- 5 stops in 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments
• 61-point high-density reticular AF with up to 41 cross-type points
• 3.2-inch LCD finder with 1.04 million dot resolution
• 1080p HD video capture in AVI, RAW, H.265, MOV and MPEG-4
• Manual exposure control and multiple frame rates in videos
• CF and SD card slots
• 6fps burst rate HDR mode Magnesium-alloy body,
• enhanced dust and weather resistance
• New customizable controls
• Electronic level
• Claimed shutter durability of 150,000 cycles
• Slilent & Low vibration modes
New sensor, focusing and metering systems
The Canon EOS 5D Mark III is built around a new 22.3 megapixel full-frame, self-cleaning CMOS sensor and promises high perforance and claims improved noise reduction at higher ISOs with its DIGIC 5+ sensor and up to 6 frames per second burst rate in RAW and JPEG. Additional technological advancements include an Intelligent Viewfinder, Canon’s advanced iFCL metering system, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and Multiple Exposure mode.
A newly-designed 61-Point High-Density Reticular AF system is said to be Canon’s most sophisticated AF to date, featuring multi-zonewide-area AF for better tracking. A new dedicated AF menu tab saves users from digging through menu functions. A new Multi-layer iFCL (intelligent Focus Color Luminance) metering system takes color and luminosity surrounding chosen AF points into account, whichCanon says will provide new levels of accuracy in fast-changing, tricky light.
Another new feature is High Dynamic Range (HDR); the Canon EOS 5D Mark III can merge 3 images at different exposures to create a final image with a broad range of shadow and highlight detail. In-camera HDR can cover a range up to +/- 3 stops in five different settings. The camera’s control layout has been changed, with Canon adding more customizable controls and a new ergonomic design. A new “intelligent viewfinder” includes 100% coverage and a dual-axis electronic level indicator.
Improvements in video capture
The video and cinema industries have been eagerly anticipating the Canon EOS 5D Mark III for improvements over its groundbreaking predecessor. Canon claims the 5D Mark III can capture HD video with a level of sophistication on par with professional movie camerasoffering phenomenal performance on a DSLR. It offers both All-I and IPB compression, supports H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile, and automatically splits files greater than 4GB (FAT specifications) for extended recording without interruption.
The Canon 5D Mark III offers the option of timecoding during recording only (Rec Run) or at all times (Free Run), useful for multi-camera shoots. It also features improved sound recording adjustment capabilities, offering 64-step volume control accessible through the Quick Control screen during video shooting, plus a dedicated headphone jack for convenience in shooting. The CMOS sensor’s new drive system is said to significantly increas image processor performance, reducing color artifacts and moiré (a commonproblem that occurs in scenes with horizontal lines), and ensures that the EOS 5D Mark III can record at a number of frame rates up to ISO 25600 in H mode.